Here are a few actions you can incorporate into your time on the water:
- Use pump out services at Clean Marine approved marine operators within the Lake Simcoe Watershed.
If you are responsible for removing your own Black Water here are a few things to consider when pumping your holding tank.
- Securely moor to the dock.
- Wear water proof gloves.
- Open deck fitting slowly to release any pressure.
- Make sure there is a rag and bucket nearby to clean up any spills.
- Fasten the deck fitting making sure all suction hose connections are secure.
- After the pump out is completed, ensure the deck fittings and hose are placed in a bucket with some water as opposed to dangling the hose off the dock.
Here are some other considerations on Black Water (raw sewage) disposal:
- Dispose of pet waste properly. Store the waste for disposal on on-shore waste bins or compost areas.
- Use on-shore washrooms whenever possible.
- Never use bleach or other chemical additives in your holding tank. Enzyme-based products are a better choice and not as harmful to the environment.
- Use enzyme- and deodorize your holding tank.